Singapore’s 50th anniversary year was a rollercoaster ride of public events and public opinion. Blackbox Research has conducted continuous monthly polling with the Singapore public since January 2014. The resulting data is a fascinating pool of insights and swinging opinions. Only snapshots of this data have been publicly available until now.
The talk will focus on three distinct phases:
1. The early part of the year: Early political challenges and the SG Budget 2015
2. Mid-year (after Lee Kuan Yew’s passing)
3. Post GE2015: “Much ado about nothing”
The analysis will focus on topics that have dominated media commentaries despite the lack of substantiating public data:
1. What were the key ingredients for the Government’s comeback from the 2011 election results?
2. What topics really drove public opinion through 2015?
3. Was there an “LKY effect” on public opinion? How significant was it?
David Black and Johannes Loh will share their take on the year in review from the perspective of continuous public opinion polling and in the process will present exclusive and never-before published opinion data collected by Blackbox Research in 2015.