Applicants should have attained a mid-level managerial position in their career. They aspire to management roles and demonstrate commitment towards public service. Proficiency in written and spoken English is a must.
To be considered for the Master in Public Administration (MPA) programme, you must have either:
- A good NUS honours degree (second class and above) or equivalent (e.g. a four-year Bachelor degree with at least an average grade of B or equivalent), and a minimum of five years of relevant work experience; or
- A good Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
Other qualifications may be accepted subject to approval by the NUS Board of Graduate Studies.
Please note that meeting the minimum requirements does not imply automatic admission into the programme.
Standardised Test Scores
TOEFL /IELTS is mandatory for all applicants except those with Bachelor’s degree conducted entirely in English.
While the Admissions Committee does not set minimum scores for admissibility, experience suggests that successful applicants usually achieve or exceed the following scores:
- 600 on the TOEFL paper-based test
- 100 on the TOEFL internet-based test
- 7.0 on the IELTS academic test
For more information about the TOEFL or IELTS, and for instructions on registering for the test, please visit their respective websites: TOEFL and IELTS. Scores for the TOEFL and IELTS are valid for two years.
Application and required documents
Applicants must submit an online application. The following documents (in soft copies) are required when submitting an application.
- Official Transcripts and Certificates
- Curriculum vitae or Resume
- TOEFL / IELTS test score*
- GRE / GMAT test score (optional)
- Two essays (click here for the essay questions)
- Two letters of reference (professional)
* TOEFL / IELTS is mandatory for all applicants except those with a Bachelor degree conducted entirely in English.
Click here for detailed information on each of the application documents.
Aside from the comprehensive information on our admissions page, if you have any other queries or would like to receive a copy of our programme brochure, please submit your request via our query form. Alternatively, you may also speak to our admissions officers at +65 65168004.