The LKYSPP Alumni Philippines Chapter held its first annual gathering on July 09, 2018 at the Singapore Embassy in Manila. H.E. Singapore Ambassador to the Philippines Kok Li Peng graciously hosted the said event with 55 alumni, including 3 new scholars, in attendance.
Highlights of the event included:
- Cocktail reception was hosted by the Singapore Embassy in Manila. H.E. Ambassador Kok Li Peng welcomed the alumni and new scholars, remarking on the continued partnership and stronger connection between the Chapter and Singapore Embassy.
- The Induction and Oath-taking of Officers of the Philippines Chapter was administered by Outgoing Philippines Chapter President Lyndon Paul Daz (MPM 2005), followed by a Message by the Incoming Chapter President Angelo Jimenez, outlining his vision of a more engaged and visible alumni making a positive social impact in the Philippines and beyond. Photo From left to right: Incoming Chapter President Angelo Jimenez (MPM 2012), Treasurer Ananaias Cornelio III (MPA 2010), and Secretary Jamie Duque-Daileg (MPP 2016).
- The new scholars and new MPP graduates were presented to the Chapter, followed by messages from a few alumni who shared their student life experiences at the LKYSPP.
- Before the event ended, the Chapter presented a little token of appreciation to the Singapore Embassy for their gracious and continued support to the Chapter.
- The event ended with awarding of some fun prizes, such as the Early Bird Award and Pioneer Alumni Awards in recognition for those who came in early and those alumni who belonged to the pioneer batch. Based on the post-event survey, the first annual gathering for 2018 was a resounding success.