In June 2018, the Ministry of Communications and Information launched the Digital Readiness Blueprint which features several strategic objectives. They include expanding and enhancing digital access for inclusivity, empowering community and businesses to drive widespread adoption of technology, and promoting digital inclusion by design.
The Blueprint pays close attention to those who might be at risk of being excluded from opportunities in the digital future (low-income households, people with disabilities and senior citizens), to ensure that no one is left behind as Singapore transits into a digital economy.
Together with IMDA, IPS will be organising a Digital Inclusion Symposium that will bring together a wide range of stakeholders — policymakers, the corporates, academics and non-profit organisations who are doing work to promote digital inclusion and readiness.
Join us at this symposium which is part of IMDA’s three-day DIGITAL INCLUSION FESTIVAL and brings together diverse concerned stakeholders for conversations and collaboration opportunities. Experts will share their insights and recommendations on what needs to be done to build a digitally-ready community and society, the principles and role of universal design, website governance, assistive technology, corporate strategies in the private sector and the role of 3Ps (policy, partnerships and products).
In so doing, the symposium will identify what needs to be done and by whom, and the approaches required to grow a digitally inclusive Singapore — a society where every citizen is able to embrace technology and participate actively, socially and economically.
Cultivating a digitally inclusive society is more than a whole-of-government approach, it requires participation from each and every sector.
• Presentation Slides of Mr Kim AndreassonPanel I: Fostering Digital Inclusion — Perspectives from 3Ps
• Presentation Slides of Dr Kwak Dong-Kyun
• Presentation Slides of Professor Jutta TreviranusEnabling Digital Participation through Design" by Mr Bryn Anderson
• Presentation Slides of Mr Bryn AndersonPanel II: Closing Digital Divides — Technology Deployment for Communities
• Presentation Slides of Mr Andrew Buay
• Presentation Slides of Ms Carrie Tan
• Presentation Slides of Mr Sunny ChanDialogue Session