The MPM programme is tailored for senior government officials and professionals in Asia, with a proven track record of leadership, high-level decision-making and a strong commitment to public service.
Applicants should have achieved a senior managerial position in their career. They demonstrate maturity and commitment towards public service. Proficiency in written and spoken English is a must.
Criteria for Selection
Among the criteria used to guide the selection process are:
- Leadership capabilities demonstrated through professional accomplishments:
- Personal character, demonstrated by professional commitment and direction, motivation and maturity;
- Scholastic ability as demonstrated by achievement in an earned undergraduate and/or graduate degree;
- Professional recommendations;
- Quality of written essays and
- Standardised TOEFL/ IELTS test scores
Applicants are also evaluated on the depth and quality of their work experience, as demonstrated by work history, references and the applicant’s written analysis of past employment experience.
An MPM candidate should be motivated, outward-looking and open to new ideas. He or she should be ready to contribute a unique perspective and experience to the programme to benefit other students, and be ready to contribute to his or her organisation and country at the end of the programme. In effect, the candidate should be important enough to the organisation that a sabbatical year away would have significant impact for the organisation, but whose added training will be seen as vital in the organisation’s next step forward.
In addition, the candidate should meet most of the following criteria:
- Be in an organisational position at least comparable to a Director of Division and up to a Deputy Secretary level in the Singapore Civil Service.
- Have demonstrated clear leadership potential within a country civil service or political leadership, or in comparable positions in non-profit organisations or in the private sector.
- Have a proven track record of leadership, high-level decision-making and a strong commitment to public service, preferably in the area of policy making and public management.
- Possess at least a good tertiary education up to Bachelor level.
- Preferably have some background in Mathematics and Economics.
- Have a good command of the English Language. TOEFL /IELTS is mandatory for all applicants except those with Bachelor degree conducted entirely in English.
- Show a genuine interest in governance, and be able or likely to fill a future senior management position in government.
- Be of good personal character.
Application and required documents
Applicants must submit an online application. The following documents (in soft copies) are required when submitting an application.
- Official Transcripts and Certificates
- Curriculum vitae or Resume
- Current position and career trajectory
- TOEFL / IELTS test score*
- GRE / GMAT test score (optional)
- Two essays (click here for the essay questions)
- Two letters of reference (professional)
* TOEFL / IELTS is mandatory for all applicants except those with Bachelor’s degree conducted entirely in English.
Click here for detailed information on each of the application documents.
Aside from the comprehensive information on our admissions page, if you have any other queries or would like to receive a copy of our programme brochure, please submit your request via our query form. Alternatively, you may also speak to our admissions officers at +65 6516 8004.