Manager, Corporate Services – Finance (Procurement)
You will be a member of the procurement team in Finance Department to manage the procurement activities in The School. This includes providing support and advice to end users on procurement policies and processes, review procurement submissions such as purchase requisition papers, requirement specifications and recommendation reports submitted by end users. Other responsibilities include review of policies and processes, providing guidance to end users to develop contract specifications, development of appropriate procurement strategies, performing data analytics and preparation of management reports eg for presentation etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise and guide departments on NUS’ procurement policies and workflow.
- To drive for cost saving initiatives.
- Provide assistance to departments in the sourcing function in the School and in preparation of Purchase Request, Specifications, recommendations, etc.
- Assist user departments in preparation and processing procurement documents on different transacting platforms eg SAP, SESAMi or ARIBA etc.
- Ensure procurement processes are in accordance with NUS’ procurement procedures.
- Assist departments in the evaluation process after quotation/tender closing.
- Assigning General Ledger account code, Fixed Asset Number and WBS code in
- SAP & other platforms.
- Facilitate in the raising of Purchase Order (PO) and Contracts.
- Review tender, purchase requisition and purchase order for completeness and ensure full compliance to University’s procurement and approving policies.
- Assist departments in Contract Management example preparation of Contract Variations.
- Review outstanding PO to ensure validity.
- Ensure accuracy of procurement transactions and control over invoices and payment to suppliers.
- Facilitate and drive cross-functional collaboration in joint purchases through effective communication and influence across internal stakeholders.
- Identify value add opportunity to streamline work processes and improvements.
- Review and update procurement procedures to ensure they remain effective and efficient.
- Oversee day to day financial operations of the school related to purchases.
- Assist in the yearly budget exercise.
- Assist in both internal and external audit including preparation of schedules for audit and related consultation work.
- Assist in any other procurement related functions.
C. Others (Procurement)
- Review processes and procedures periodically and recommend improvements.
- Improve on internal control and ensure sound internal control are in place in areas of Procurement.
- Liaise with functional managers to ensure procurement and accounts are in order.
- Provide guidance on procurement matters to internal customers or other divisions of the School.
- Provide advice to internal customers or other divisions of the School in their day-to-day execution of procurement duties to ensure adherence and compliance.
- Provide supervision, mentoring junior staff and set guidance to coach staff in their development.
- Prepare and conduct training/briefing sessions for the School.
- Perform any other ad-hoc duties as assigned from time to time.
- Able to perform data analytics.
- Degree Holder
- Minimum 7 years of related working experience and candidate with 2 – 3 years of public or educational sector preferred.
- Process strong analytical skills, meticulous with high level of integrity.
- Able to multi-task and cope with urgent request.
- Team player who is resourceful and possess with good communication skills.
- Diplomatic in handling internal and external stakeholders.
- Skilled in both oral and written communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – eg Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SAP, SESAMi or other transacting platforms will have an advantage, but not critical.
(The NUS Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy is located 5-8 minutes’ walk from the Botanic Gardens MRT, which is served by the Circle and new Downtown 2 MRT lines).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click hereto submit an online application form via our Career@NUS website.