Management Assistant Officer (Student Services), Academic Affairs
To assist with Student Life and Residential Life matters and student engagement efforts in the LKY School, NUS.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide assistance and support for all programmes and events under the Student Services portfolio
- Process invoices and claims
- Organize, plan and assist with overseas study trips
- Assist with the planning, organizing and implementation of LKY School traditions and events such as Orientation, Commencement, graduation dinners, cultural and sports activities, lectures, student conferences, competitions and The Singapore Experience
- Contribute to the advancement of an active and vibrant student/residential life, including liaising with faculty, Resident Assistants, student groups and student leaders
- Organize and file all documents, files, photos, videos and materials in a neat and systematic manner
- Assist with content for webpages, social media, newsletters, etc
- Partner with Career Services colleagues to deliver a positive and holistic Student Experience
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess a Diploma with a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience in planning and executing a wide range of events and/or working in higher education administration
- Preferred: At least 4 years’ experience working in student services, student life, student engagement, youth programmes, event management, program administration and/or marketing/communications in a higher education institution
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, neat and organized. Reliable and responsible
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong customer orientation
- Skilled at planning, organising and multitasking, understands the importance of deadlines and timelines
- Preferred: Experience in organizing overseas study trips
- A hard worker with a calm, patient and friendly disposition and positive attitude
- A “people-person”, pro-active, tactful and a team player
- Good IT skills, proficient with MS Office applications and Adobe Photoshop
- Affinity for photography, videography and/or Knowledge Management would be a bonus
(The NUS Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy is located 5-8 minutes’ walk from the Botanic Gardens MRT, which is served by the Circle and Downtown 2 MRT lines).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click here to submit an online application form via our Career@NUS website.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.