Executive, Institute of Water Policys
To provide administrative support on finance / budget management and the institute’s funding scheme.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Institute’s Finance Management:
- Oversee the institute’s finance-related matters on budget management, accounting records and payment.
- Work with the School’s Finance team on claim submission to stakeholders.
- Facilitate the institute’s claim submission in a timely manner.
- Administer the procurement aspects of Institute of Water Policy research projects.
2. Funding Schemes
- Oversee the administration of the institute’s internal funding schemes for research projects
- Work with the School’s Finance and Research Support Unit to manage project variations, extensions, closure and issues related to grants (ITQ/ITT awards)
- Monitor the status of the internal projects through submission of progress and final reports
- Provide guidance to Adjuncts and Researchers to ensure compliance with grant procedure, legal and ethical issues.
- Ensure compliance with budget and deliverables specified in the contracts pertaining to approved grant projects
- Assist with any other administrative duties as and when needed.
3. Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Possess a good Degree preferably in Accounting or Business Administration
- Possess at least 2 years of relevant working experience in accounting and grant administration
- Self-motivated with a good command of English (both written and oral)
- Possess good interpersonal skills and able to communicate well with all levels
- Be a team player who is a fast learner with the ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SAP is an added advantage
(The NUS Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy is located 5-8 minutes’ walk from the Botanic Gardens MRT, which is served by the Circle and Downtown 2 MRT lines).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click here to submit an online application form via our Career@NUS website
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified