SENIOR CONSULTANT, GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS, SINGAPORE
Official Title: Senior Associate/Associate Director
Vriens & Partners is the leading government affairs and political risk consulting firm in Southeast Asia. We are headquartered in Singapore, with offices in Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Cambodia. Our clients are major multinationals, business associations, and non-governmental organizations.
We employ over 70 people of more than ten nationalities, and offer our consultants a challenging and dynamic working environment and exposure to multiple sectors, in a growing advisory firm.
We are seeking a senior consultant to join our team in Singapore on a full-time basis. This candidate will be an effective analyst, project manager and client manager, and possess strong communication and organizational skills, and team orientation in a cross-cultural setting.
- Lead the firm’s Singapore government affairs work;
- Lead the development of strategy for client engagement with stakeholders to advance GR objectives in Singapore and regionally, including with ASEAN;
- Lead client management with senior executives from multinational corporations;
- Lead meetings, communications, and relationship building with government and other stakeholders;
- Lead the drafting and preparation of analytical reports and presentations, and lead presentations to clients;
- Lead and conduct research on a wide variety of industry and regulatory issues both through desk research and primary source research;
- P&L responsibility for the firm’s Singapore office;
- Lead a team of consultants in the Singapore office.
- At least 8 years of work experience, preferably in government, public affairs consulting, or journalism;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Effective time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Motivated self-starter, team player, eagerness to contribute to firm’s growth;
- Respect for confidentiality and awareness of and sensitivity to local cultural norms and government protocol;
- Willingness to be seconded to offices around Southeast Asia as required.
- Location: Singapore
- Schedule: Monday – Friday (Full time)
- Travel: Occasionally