PURPOSE OF JOB/POSITION
The Regional Head of Public Affairs is expected to be the key driver of engagement across different stakeholders, including PA and MOH, while ensuring that all processes are rule-complaint and meet the best practice in stakeholder management principles. He/She would develop and deliver audience-specific value messages, shape public policies, help local BU engage patients, caregivers, payers and government agencies in all value demonstration and access issues.ACCOUNTABILITIES
FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE, BUSINESS EXPERTISE, NATURE OF IMPACT,
- Develop and lead implementation of public affairs plans
- Monitor public policy and regulatory developments, emerging trends, and other political or public issues in GEM region and key markets; propose response strategies; ensure risks are managed and opportunities assessed
- Provide strategic direction to in-market teams in the creation and execution of local public affairs engagement and/or direct local teams, as needed
- Build/enhance capabilities, conduct training, coach and mentor local teams engaged in advocacy, ensure adequate external support
Communication Skills, Innovation
Critical functional knowledge
What depth and breadth of knowledge is required to be successful in the job? In which geographic and intercultural context is that knowledge applied? Has the job people leadership responsibility?
Critical business expertise
- Strong understanding of GEM markets and payor environment (e.g., HTA model, including coverage and reimbursement, pricing and contracting, formulary management, HTA and payment policy)
- Proven ability to translate technical data into payors messages
What depth and breadth of expertise is required to be successful in the job? What level of mental and analytical skills is required to perform this job?
Nature Of Impact
- Deep understanding the impact of pricing strategy and payor environment on portfolio
What is the nature of the job’s impact on the organization? How does the job contribute to results and/or add value? With whom does the position holder communicate and what are the interests of the parties?
- Direct impact to Takeda’s brand image and value given the importance of public affairs
What is the purpose, objective and/or subject of communications required by the job? With whom does the position holder communicate and what are the interests of the parties?
- Excellent internal communication skills to align cross-functional teams with Takeda’s brand vision and strategy
- Excellent external communication skills to influencing and nurturing strong relationships with key stakeholders including media, general public and key stakeholders
What level of innovation is needed to accomplish the job’s accountabilities? In which direction does the job innovate, i.e. how far-reaching is its focus and influence on the following dimensions: Operational, Financial, People (i.e. Human Capital)?
- Pragmatic use of digital to ensure effective communication and enhance public influence
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
Critical leadership capabilities
- Extensive understanding of GEM markets and payor environment, comprehensive knowledge in public affairs best practices
- Business savy
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Ability to communicate with clarity and align objectives with a range of audience in complex organizations and generate collaboration and followership
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS & KEY CHALLENGES
- Excellent public speaker and ability to influence others
- High level of personal maturity and natural authority
- Committed to talent development and capability building for sustainable growth
- Experience with an expert knowledge of government and non-governmental organizations active on public policy issues across Emerging Markets.
- Deep knowledge in pharmaceutical industry
- Bachelor degree, medical or pharmaceutical education is a plus
- Extensive knowledge in pharmaceutical industry
- Fluent English speaker to ensure effective communication across the region and to Global
- >8 years of standard-setting performance in this role or a comparable role