Program Coordinator/ Research Assistant
Data-Driven Lab is seeking to hire a a Program Coordinator/Research Assistant. Candidates will contribute to a range of projects that aim to bring quantitative rigor and analysis to environmental policymaking. Research projects include building databases and utilizing data science techniques to evaluate a range of environmental issues and policies, including urbanization, climate change, energy, and air pollution. Our work has been published in high-profile academic journals, including Nature and Nature Climate Change, and has been featured in popular media, including The Economist, The New York Times, The Atlantic, andScientific American, among others.
A full-time (37.5 hours/week) position, based at Yale-NUS College in Singapore, is available starting immediately.
Background of Data-Driven Lab
Data-Driven Lab uses cutting edge data analytics to develop solutions to the world’s environmental problems. Launched in 2015, the research group is an interdisciplinary collaboration of policy experts, data scientists, visual designers, and programmers. For more information about our projects, see www.datadrivenlab.org.
- Project coordination and management, which involves developing workplans with timelines and deliverables, liaising with Data-Driven Lab PI, researchers, and students as well as external partners to make sure projects meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Budgeting and financial management to support the PI and team, as requested.
- Writing and research for scientific publications, policy memos and briefs, and outreach materials (e.g., blogs, popular writing).
- Researching and analyzing datasets.
- Creating and editing website content.
- Collaborating with external research partners
- Presenting publicly both internally and externally and others about ongoing work.
- Participating in and contributing to regular activities including workshops and training programs.
- Managing student research assistants.
- Coordinating meetings, conference calls, and managing the Data-Driven Lab team calendar.
- Assisting with organizing both internal and external meetings, including drafting agendas, securing venues, liaising with partners.
- Recent graduate of either a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in a relevant field (e.g, environmental management, data science, or other).
Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Superior research, writing, and communication abilities.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following disciplines: statistics, economics, law, political science, computer programming, graphic design, journalism, environmental studies, or environmental sciences. A broad understanding of environmental issues is critical and an understanding of environmental metrics is also desirable.
- Independent judgment and creativity.
- Ability to work in a diverse and multi-disciplinary team.
- Time management, organization, attention to detail, and general professionalism are essential.
- An excitement and willingness to further improve all of these skills.
- Demonstrated potential for professional and academic leadership.
If any of the above fit your skills and interests, we encourage you to apply, by sending a resume, cover letter, and code samples (e.g., a Github page) to decb64_YW15LndlaW5mdXJ0ZXJAYXlhLnlhbGUuZWR1_decb64, with the subject “Data-Driven Lab Coordinator Position.”