UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, care
UNICEF China has been testing digital channels to acquire new supporters since 2011. Through continuous testing and optimization, the digital channel has become the main channel for recruiting new supporters. According to high potentials and good historical performance of China market, PSFR need to provide continuous input to support digital acquisition campaigns, which requests increasing efforts in developing, testing and optimizing to reach targeted return of investment.
How can you make a difference?
Against the above mentioned background, in order to accelerate the digital acquisition for the China office, one intern is required to assist the technical support of online projects. The intern will get involved in the following major duties:
- Accomplish 30 articles editing and uploading in the UNICEF official website backstage.
- Support in editing and designing of project newsletter page in the UNICEF official website backstage.
- Participant in the entire EDM process including organizing EDM materials, eDM developing and testing, analysis and preferably provide constructive recommendations.
- Assist Digital project assistant to compile specific functional requirements and other materials.
- Collect current CMS and system's bugs and send them to agency for bug fixing.
- Make function testing plan and finish it according to deadline.
- Support in other things that supervisor request
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Be enrolment in an undergraduate or graduate programme in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, Digital Arts and Design, or related fields;
- Fluency in Chinese and English;
- Able to complete task on time, detail-oriented candidate is desirable;
- Good technical knowledge in web development standard and design software such as HTML, CSS, JS, Photoshop and video editing tool;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to coordinate in a team setting, and communicate effectively with different teams and individuals;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.