• To support Asia Government Affairs Team make informed choices in the course of implementing proactive government affairs strategies that will protect and advance Abbott’s interests, reputation and commercial objectives by conducting landscape analysis of the various countries in the region.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with Senior Director, GA, Asia Pacific and regional government affairs team to derive project plans for Asia
• Analyze health care & policy developments that could impact Abbott’s business and operations in Asia
• Stay apprised of business goals & strategies to assess impact from legislative, executive, regulatory, NGO and key industry associations’ activities in region.
• Analyze opportunities and partnerships to pursue favorable government policies that could positively impact shareholder interests.
• Generate monthly reports and briefing documents based on intelligence gathered and plans implemented
• Participate on Asia country and regional government affairs strategies and meetings as assigned.
• Participate in Corporate GGA Network and support One Abbott approach
• Masters or PhD in public policy or international affairs
• One to two years in positions/business school program experience in political science, health management, consulting or health care company is desired.
• Excellent analytical, management and communication skills, both written and oral to synthesize key issues, develop strategies, communicate and persuade constituencies towards specific actions and initiatives.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills, adept at managing a complex array of projects, personalities and resulting issues. Experience in matrix and project management. Team player who can effectively work across the internal and external organizations.
• Must be fluent English (oral/written). One Asia region languages is a plus.
Requires strong analytical skills to dissect complex range of public issues and assess impact to Abbott. Problem solving and integrity are key competencies of this position. Incumbent must be able to apply sound judgment to the analysis and resolutions of various problems inherent in managing programs linked with key customers and governments along with the various cross-divisional business units. A high degree of interpersonal skills are required to work across all of the internal and external individuals and groups. Strong writing skills.
Position has significant impact of Abbott business operations. Failure to appropriately anticipate, identify, coordinate and successfully execute a cross-divisional / customer-based / government-linked strategic program will have major, far-reaching consequences and may substantially impact Abbott business operations and government relationships.
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY
The incumbent must be able to act independently and demonstrate sound business judgment within the scope of their assigned project and activities.
The incumbent is part of the Global Government Affairs, Asia Pacific Team, interacts within the Asia region. The position is based in Singapore.
The incumbent reports to:
• Senior Director, Government Affairs, Asia Pacific (SEA, Korea, Taiwan & ANZ)
Interested candidate should send a comprehensive cover letter and CV (in a single file) to IVLE> OTH554: Student Life@LKYSPP > CV Submission - Government Affairs Intern, Abbott.