Assistant Manager, Corporate Services – Human Resources
The HR Assistant Manager will be responsible for the full spectrum of HR functions of the administrative staff in the School. As this is a managerial role, the HR Assistant Manager role will have a greater focus on HR planning, policy and development work e.g. learning and development, talent management, environmental scans, implementing best HR practices in the School.
Duties & Responsibilities
A. Responsible for the full spectrum of HR functions related to administrative staff in Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy (LKYSPP).
B. Recruitment of administrative staff in LKYSPP
- Manage the selection and recruitment of administrative staff in LKYSPP.
- Work closely with various hiring departments on their hiring requirements.
- Liaise with NUS Office of Human Resources (OHR) on all recruitment matters e.g. job postings, pre-employment formalitites, appointments etc.
- Responsible for HR dashboards and strategic manpower planning reports (incl. manpower budgeting)
C. Learning and development
- Plan, manage and review the learning and development programmes for all staff in LKYSPP
- Identify training needs and work with external vendors to develop and implement organise relevant training programmes
- Track training budget and provide regular training updates/ reports to the management
D. Talent management Plan and administer talent management and development programmes for admin staff in LKYSPPCoordinate and track the career development plans and progression of talents in LKYSPP
E. Employee Engagement
- Administer employee engagement survey, analyse findings, track implementation plans of departments
F. HR Projects
- Undertake HR projects e.g. People Developer
G. Other HR functions:
- Undertake a strategic business partner role and work closely with all stakeholders
- Analyse HR statistics and trends
- Draft written responses (email and/or letters) for the management
- Cover the duties of other HR Managers/ Executives, if required.
- Follow-up on any other tasks/ duties as and when assigned by Associate Dir (HR) and Dir (Corp Services)
- Basic degree with at least 5 years’ work experience in HR
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous and organised
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and SAP systems
(The NUS Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy is located 5-8 minutes’ walk from the Botanic Gardens MRT, which is served by the Circle and Downtown 2 MRT lines).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click here to submit an online application form via our Career@NUS website.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.