Kanti Prasad Bajpai 白康迪
Wilmar Professor on Asian Studies
Ph.D. in Political Science; M.A. in Political Science; B.A. (Hons.) in Economics
- Contact Details
DID: +65 6516 6796
Fax: +65 6779 5397
- Office Location
469C Bukit Timah Road
Wing A Level 3, Oei Tiong Ham Building
Kanti Bajpai’s areas of interest include international security, Indian foreign policy and national security. He is currently working on a book on India-China relations.
Before coming to the LKY School, he was Professor of International Politics, Jawaharlal Nehru University and Professor in the Politics and International Relations of South Asia, Oxford University. From 2003 to 2009, he was Headmaster, The Doon School, India. He taught at the Maharajah Sayajirao University of Baroda, and has held visiting appointments at Wesleyan University, Columbia University, and the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. He has also held visiting appointments at the Rajiv Gandhi Foundation, Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace, Notre Dame University, the Brookings Institution, and the Australian Defence Force Academy. Most recently, he was Distinguished Fellow, Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses, New Delhi. Kanti writes a regular column for the Times of India (New Delhi).
- Asian security
- China-India relations
- International security
- International water conflicts
- South Asia
- HUANG, J, K P BAJPAI and KISHORE MAHBUBANI*, “Rising Peacefully Together”. Foreign Policy, 2012.
- BAJPAI, K P, “India and Nuclear Weapons”. In Routledge Handbook of Indian Politics, ed. Atul Kohli and Prerna Singh. Routledge UK, 2012.
- BAJPAI, K P, “Terrorism”. In Handbook of International Relations: Essays from the Global South, ed. B.S. Chimni and Siddharth Mallavarapu. Pearson Education, 2012.
- BAJPAI, K P, “Pakistan’s Future: Muddle Along”. In The Future of Pakistan, ed. Stephen P. Cohen. Washington DC: The Brookings Institution Press, 2011.
- BAJPAI, K P, “The UPA’s Foreign Policy, 2004 2009″. In New Dimensions of Politics in India, ed. Lawrence W. Saez and Gurharpal Singh. London: Routledge, 2011.
- BAJPAI, K P, “Defence Strategy”. In The New Oxford Companion to Economics in India, 2012 ed., ed. Kaushik Basu and Annemie Maertens. New Delhi: Oxford University Press, 2011.
- BAJPAI, K P, “Democracy in Asia and India”. In Lo Stato Della Democrazia Nel Mondo, comp. Camera dei Deputati. Rome: Camera dei Deputati and Armando Editore, 2011.
- BAJPAI, K P, “The Global Commons and India’s National Security”. In India’s National Security Strategy: 2020 Perspectives, ed. Krishnappa Venkashamy and Princy George. Pentagon Publishers, 2011.
- BAJPAI, K P, eds., India’s National Security: A Reader, Oxford University Press, 2013. (co-editor Harsh V. Pant)
- BAJPAI, K P, eds., India’s Foreign Policy: A Reader, Oxford University Press, 2013. (co-editor Harsh V. Pant)