The System Analyst is responsible for performing activities that ensure the safety of information system and university assets as well as the protection of information from unauthorized access, modification and/or disclosure.
He/she should be proficient in software programming to develop new software, support the production, and maintain existing software.
Provide ad-hoc support to key departmental business areas, databases, applications and tools which drive business functions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop new programme adopting secure coding standards and provide project management services to user departments
- Identify areas of improvement and implement upgrades to the current system programmes and operations
- Perform system maintenance to ensure continued delivery of innovative & high quality solutions, which include liaising with user to gather requirement for improvement, resolving application security vulnerabilities
- Perform Information Security Risk Assessments for new projects and systems to ensure compliance with security policy and standards, which include interacting with user departments to understand their security needs and provide assistance in remediation of security-related issues
- Assist in the Administration of information security practice through enforcement of information security policy and standards
- Participate in Data Security Project Implementation to mitigate risks and comply with NUS, risk and control or audit requirements, including Data Loss Prevention Privileged and password management etc.
- Participate in data security related incidents investigation and liaise with various IT functions, Business Protection, Risk and Compliance, and business users to provide assistance in the resolution security incidents and prepares activity, progress and management reports as required
- Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Possess a Degree in IT/ Computer Science or an equivalent
- Possess an equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired
- Possess a minimum of 2 years working experience, preferably in application and information security, supporting data security risk assessment, audit and compliance
- An independent worker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A god team player who is self-motivated and well-organized
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows administration & Security with fundamental knowledge of servers and networks
- Knowledge in ISO 27000 information security standards and regulatory is preferred
(The NUS Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy is located 5-8 minutes’ walk from the Botanic Gardens MRT, which is served by the Circle and Downtown 2 MRT lines)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click here to submit an online application form via our Career@NUS website
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified