To assist in the day-to-day financial operations of the school related to purchases and accounts payable (invoices/payments), claims related matters, General Ledger and other finance related matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Purchase and Account Payables
- Verify claims for reimbursement of Travel Request and Claims Management System (TRAC), corporate card expenses and travel expenses
- Verify accounting entries before posting to ensure expenses are recorded in the correct financial period
- Ensure all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in SAP before disbursement to claimant
- Follow up on outstanding matters and ensure timely payment to claimant
- Prepare journal entries for adjustment
- Prepare and submit taxable benefits at year end
- System Access Application
- Prepare system access application request and ensure access is granted
- Assist in any other accounting related functions and reporting requirement
- Provide advice to internal customers or other divisions of the School in their day-to-day execution of finance duties to ensure adherence and compliance with School-wide guidelines, policies and procedures
- Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned by Supervisor
RequirementsPossess a Degree in AccountancyPossess a minimum of 2 – 3 years of related working experience, preferable in government or education sectorAn independent worker with strong analytical and meticulous with high level of integrityStrong in multi-tasking and able to perform efficiently in a fast-paced environment A good team player who is resourceful and self-motivated Diplomatic in handling internal and external stakeholders Process strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel, Word & PowerPoint) Knowledge in SAP system is preferred
(The NUS Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy is located 5-8 minutes’ walk from the Botanic Gardens MRT, which is served by the Circle and Downtown 2 MRT lines).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click here to submit an online application form via our Career@NUS website
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.