The Li Ka Shing Professor in Public Management will have the exciting opportunity to contribute to the academic public management community with innovative research, interdisciplinary knowledge, and comparative thinking. The successful candidate will be expected to provide the vision and mentorship for the Public Management's research and faculty of the LKY School, to develop an exciting research agenda, to provide intellectual leadership and work with the senior faculty to continue enhancing the profile of the LKY School internationally. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to develop innovative and pedagogically engaging new courses for the LKY School's students, as well as provide mentorship to master- and PhD-level students. The successful candidate will be immersed in a highly dynamic academic environment, with access to multicultural perspectives and to the world-top Singapore's public policy managers. This is a unique opportunity to shape the public management discourse and to develop knowledge essential to the role of future public managers in Asia and beyond.
The LKY School, a leading global public policy school in Asia, is an autonomous graduate school of the National University of Singapore (NUS), ranked Asia's top university in the latest THE Asia University Ranking. Located in Singapore, at the crossroads of Asia, the LKY School is an internationally recognized leader in many areas of public policy, the second most generous in offering merit-based scholarships, and the third best endowed school of public policy in the world. With a fully integrated multidisciplinary curriculum, its multicultural faculty spans across the fields of economics, politics, international relations, public management, and leadership. It produces excellent research in several fields, from social policy to China-India relations, from water policy to international trade. Four research centres complement the research of the faculty, creating an ecosystem of research excellence that benefits faculty and students alike. In this environment, the successful candidate will have the exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of innovative research, interdisciplinary knowledge, and comparative thinking.
The Li Ka Shing Professorship at the LKY School is possible thanks to the generous support of the Li Ka Shing Foundation. The Li Ka Shing Professorship enables the LKY School to attract the world’s top public policy talents, to facilitate the exchange of ideas and research on the latest global public policy developments.
The successful candidate for the position is expected to:
- be an accomplished scholar with international perspective in the field of Public Management, able to provide outstanding oversight and stewardship;
- have a proven track record of excellence in policy-relevant, theoretically-sound, and empirically-grounded research in Public Management and in teaching;
- have prior experience in leadership positions and in heading research teams in leading institutions;
- demonstrate an ability to engage with both policy and research communities in Asia and globally.
Terms of Appointment
The appointee will be offered internationally-competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are encouraged to find out more about the NUS and the LKY School at http://lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/. Applications should be submitted by email to Professor Kanti Bajpai, firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of 31 March 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a campus visit.
Applicants should submit, in electronic form (MS Word or PDF file) the following:
- Cover note
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Teaching dossier including teaching evaluations
- Representative samples of course outlines
- Names of three references
- Brief statement of past and current teaching and research
- Top 5 publications
- The courses that you would be interested in teaching (please refer to http://lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/admissions/ for the list of courses)