The Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore is seeking applicants for the Li Ka Shing Professor in Public Management at the full professor rank.
The LKY School received a generous endowment from Dr. Li Ka Shing in 2007 and has established three professorships with the endowment, representing key research pillars at the School. These professorships are in the areas of Public Management, Economics, and Political Science.
The Li Ka Shing Professor in Public Management will be a core member of the School’s academic leadership team, working with an interdisciplinary faculty to advance the research and teaching missions of the School. A research focus on Asia is a definite plus.
The successful candidate will be a current full professor with the following expertise and experience:
- A record of influential scholarship in public management, including publications at the highest levels (top university presses and/or high-quality refereed journals);
- A sustained record of outstanding teaching at the graduate level;
- Experience in academic and research leadership;
- A proven track record and interest in working collaboratively with faculty and staff to pursue sources of external research funding;
- Engagement with policy and research communities in Asia and around the world.
The Li Ka Shing Professor in Public Management will:
- Advance the research profile of the School through outstanding publications in the area of public management;
- Shape the content and strategic direction of the various degree programs offered by the School;
- Mentor junior faculty and advise Masters and PhD students;
- Share responsibility with other senior faculty members on School/University committees and other administrative and supervisory assignments (including hiring committees, grant review committees, and ad hoc committees).
The Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy is an autonomous, professional graduate school of the National University of Singapore (NUS). A leading global university centred in Asia, NUS was founded in 1905 as a modest medical college with 23 students. Today, Singapore’s flagship university spans three campuses and is widely seen as among the best universities in Asia and the world.
The LKY School was formally established in 2004 to provide opportunities for the education and training of the next generation of Asian policy-makers and leaders, with the objective of raising standards of governance throughout the region, improving the lives of the people in the region and, in doing so, contributing to the transformation of Asia. It offers a fully integrated multidisciplinary curriculum that spans across the fields of economics, politics, international relations, and public management. In addition to Masters and PhD programmes, the LKY School also offers executive education courses.
The successful candidate will be offered internationally competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should submit, in electronic form (MS Word or PDF file), the following:
- Cover note
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Teaching dossier including teaching evaluations
- Representative samples of course outlines
- The courses that you would be interested in teaching (please refer to here for the list of courses)
- Names of three references
Applications should be submitted to the Vice Dean, Research, Professor Ramkishen Rajan, at decb64_cnJhamFuMDFAbnVzLmVkdS5zZw==_decb64
. The post will remain open until filled. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a campus visit.
For more information about the LKY School, please visit www.lkyspp.nus.edu.sg