The Director leads the operations and long-term development of Amnesty International Japan to grow the human rights movement and effect human rights change.
While following the overall strategy of Amnesty International, the Director takes the lead in the planning and implementation of Amnesty Japan's direction, mid- and long-term strategy, and financial plan. (S)he will instruct, direct and support the secretariat staff, engage and increase members and supporters, and enhance the brand of Amnesty Japan.
The Director will closely work with the board, members, donators, supporters, staff of the International Secretariat and directors of other sections to carry out the Director's duties, and strategically develop collaborative work and partnerships.
* Strong leadership: energy and passion to lead change; technical expertise in change management
* Personally integrity, with a professional demeanor, sound judgment and integrity that generate the trust and confidence of staff and external stakeholders
* Sound political judgement and ability to make difficult decisions balancing competing priorities and interests
* Self-motivated and results-driven; demonstrates the ability to inspire and motivate others
* Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills and the ability to relate to internal and external contacts at all levels
* Copes well with ambiguity and uncertainty
* Readiness to report and be accountable
* Commitment to individual and organizational learning and innovation
* Well-organized, willing to undertake administrative work where necessary and to be a self-starter
For more information and to apply for this vacancy, please visit:https://careers.amnesty.org/vacancy/director-amnesty-international-japan-2150/2176/description/